Sunday, August 26, 2007

Our house is becoming a home!

Well, I forgot to mention what has been taking up so much of our time...Greg and I have been doing lots and lots of furniture shopping. I thought we'd just about kill each other trying to decide on what style of furniture to buy. Finally, we made serious compromises! Isn't that the way it always is? ha ha

We got new furniture for our den, kitchen, dining room, and Leia's bedroom. Here's some photos:


Finally after 24 years of marriage I have a Dining Room Hutch! Yep Hee! Can't see the new table and chairs in this photo...but this is were we made the compromise...he wanted these huge side chairs and I wanted rod iron...so we got both and I got to pick the table...he got to pick the hutch. And believe it or not it all looks really good together!




Leia has a new bed, mattress, dresser, night stand, desk and bedding set...PINK and LIME GREEN...sounds YUMMY! She's been after us for weeks now to paint...one of these days we'll get to it!


Here's our new High table and chairs that's in the kitchen. I love the top of this table...it has a marble lazy susan in it.

See it here...Lazy Susan...so like who came up with that name anyway?

Here's the den: Entertainment center and big screen TV!




Roll Top Computer desk...to keep Lily out of!



My scrapbooking room! Greg found these wonderful black book cases to hold all my many many scrapbooking papers!



Other side of the room...gonna be my Office for Premier Jewelry!



So finally our house is coming together...all but the paint...need to paint the dining room, living room, den and kitchen...but what color? There's just too many choices! UGH!

7 comments:

Diana said...

Your house looks great - love the choices! I love the hutch; got mine as a wedding gift - since we had so much to put in it right away!

lam said...

I was just blog surfing and came by very nice blog.
The house lokke great and what a nice scrapbook romme you have. i would love to play inthere ;O)

Hugs from Denmark ( I`m one of the crazy girls over at scrapbook Chalet, in case you wounder)

Treighsie said...

Wow, awesome new house!!!

Charlee said...

MIKKI!! I love that furniture...but more than that...I LOVE THAT YOU AND I HAVE THE SAME CHINA!! :D

Unknown said...

WOW! great furniture....I hope you are loving Wisconsin....I miss is sooo much....
I love your scrap/jewelry room...looks awesome....
Robin (chalet friend)
http://tqmnurse.blogspot.com

Shirley said...

TOTALLY AWESOME MIKKI!! I love all your new furniture choices! Your new home looks wonderful and wowzers what a great new scrappy space you have!

Kathy Carr said...

Wow - great furniture and I love your scrap room!