Sunday, September 9, 2007

Jozzie Blog Challenge: #12 My lastest purchase

**Just a quick note: I belong to an awesome Scrapbooking website called Scrapbook Chalet. And each month one of it's members (Jozzie) gives us challenges to post on our blogs. So in the future you will see me posting to these challenges. So get ready for some very unusal posts from me as I try to meet these challenges. Cool thing is you'll learn a lot more about me and my family. Hope you enjoy!

______________________________

Last Thursday Leia, Lily and I all had dentist appointments. I can't believe how long we ended up staying there.

The dentist and his staff were very nice and I can't believe how thorough our new dentist is. He taught me some new ways to take better care of mine and the kids teeth.

However, I was shocked that they wanted to see a baby as young as Lily. With all my other children I took them in for their first dental appointment when they were 3 years old. I asked why they wanted to see her so early and they told me, that they have found the earlier children start coming to the dentist office the easier the transition is for them. The dentist took time to brush her teeth and even used floss in her mouth. This dentist doesn't even charge for these visits...it's less then 15 mins long and it's just to get her use to having her teeth looked at. So that went well.

But what did take along time was the new computer and software system the dentist and he saff were using. They had NEVER had computers in their office before. Leia, Lily, and I were there for 3 1/2 hours! I thought I would go crazy! Lily wasn't very cooperative either. It was her nap time and boy did she let us know it.

So after being there for 2 hours and when it was Leia's time to beseen I decide to take a walk with Lily. I stumbled upon the cutiest children store ever. The prices for the clothing was way more then I wanted to pay but I did see this hat and just had to have it for Lily. I think lil' girls look so cute in hats like this. Here she is sporting my newest purchase for her! Isn't she adorable in that hat?


A lady from around these parts crochet this little hats and sells them to the local children store called "Little Stars." Lily's my Lil' Starlet!


But you know how hats go with little ones...they don't stay on for very long. There she goes trying to take it off!


Even thought this hat was more $$ then I would normally pay ...it was well worth every penny. It kept her occupied while we waited yet another hour for the dentist to finish up with Leia.

The things Mom's will do for a little peace and quiet!

1 comment:

lam said...

what a cuti and the hat is adorable. I denmark the kids normally gets appointments with the dentist when they are about 1½-2 years old.