Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tess was in a Play last weekend...check it out!

Just a quick update: I moved my scrapbook pages to the bottom of the blog. I haven't added anything new to my pages in a long time so it's kinda old news...but if you enjoy looking at them they are still here just relocated to the bottom of this page now.

I'm also going to put a link to a specific video in each new post. Hopefully it will work. But if you ever want to see all my video's just click on the link in the sidebar on the right titled "Video Updates" it's here that you can see all my videos on Youtube. If you're having problems viewing the Youtube page you can always go to
http://www.youtube.com/user/mommamikki save this page in your favorites...then you will always have a direct link to my videos.
_______________________________

Now moving on to the main topic of the day. Tess in the play Mary Poppin's . She has the roles as Mrs. Banks. Tess likes to describe Mrs. Banks as the unconcerned mother of Jane and Michael Banks. Great description! huh?

Tess did a great job acting. She wasn't nervous at all and spoke her lines very well during the whole performance. She didn't make any mistakes...sh-woof!

As you veiw the video below take note of the backdrops. All of them were painted by the students in her class with the help of some parents. I love how Tess' teacher allowed the kids to take an active part in all aspects of the play...everything from setting up, staging, singing and preforming! She is an AWESOME teacher! (I would name her but we need to keep it confidential here)

Leia and I put together her outfit at the last minute. We needed to find clothing that fit the time period. It has been years since I've seen the movie Mary Poppins'...so I had to go on the Internet to check out Mrs. Banks clothing.

See her here: Mrs. Banks
I think we did a pretty good job getting her costume together. Love the hat and boots that Tess is wearing...I found them at Goodwill and the rest of her clothing is from Big sis Leia's, clothes closet!

Tess' teacher was so sweet and asked "how many times has Tess watched the movie?" I said I don't think she has ever seen it. Well come to find out the whole class watched the movie 1 time so they could get a good understanding of it...then they tried out for roles. Tess' teacher said that she (Tess) fits the role of Mrs. Banks perfectly...has her mannerisms and all. Too funny cause Tess is very motherly and mature in her speech...but the girl had only seen the movie once in her life. Then on Mother's Day of all days, THE MOVIE CHANNEL featured Mary Poppins all day long! How cool was that? Tess was thrilled to see it again on TV. We had fun watching it together...good thing cause I forgotten what most of it was about.

Now a little about the video. This is only part 1 of the play. Also, I only included highlights of the play...mainly the songs and scenes Tess was in. I also blurred most of the scenes too because I really don't know how other parents feel about their kids faces being on the Internet. Just wanted to let you know why it looks the way it does.

I'm so impressed with all the performers...remember these kids are around 9 or 10 years old. The gal that plays Mary Poppins has an awesome singing voice and so do the boys.

I thanked Tess teacher for introducing the kids to acting at such a young age...I sure hope this will inspire Tess to continue in this ART...she's pretty comfortable performing and is pretty darn good at it too! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

BRAVO TESS!!!!!! I could hear you so clearly and you just look so comfortable up there on stage!! You're growing up so fast and so beautiful!!