Monday, June 2, 2008

It's Garden time!

Yeah! I finally got some things planted in my small garden.

Several kinds of tomatoes; Grape, Sweet 100, Early Girl, and Roma.
I sure hope they survive...last year the aphids came before I knew it and killed several of them. This year I'm keeping a very watchful eye. I'm also afraid that we might get some frost too. Living this far north has it's disavantages!

Also have some eggplant, bell pepper, cucumbers, herbs, and lettuce...my all time favorite is Arugula! It's a peppery lettuce...had lots of it when we lived in Italy! I could buy it in the grocery stores over there but here... I have to grow it if i want it! Love, love it in my salads!



This garden plot was here when we moved in. I don't have the heart to ask Greg to till me a new one...a larger one. So I work with what's already here. I put red bark in the middle for a walking path so I can weed. It's kinda like Square Foot Gardening...only I get lots of weeds in this plot! UGH!
Here's to Gardner's around the world! Good Luck!

No comments: